November 10, 2020

Tuesdays With Tag - Caught Me By Surprise...

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag
 
Hi, Everybody!
 
I've gotta admit, yesterday took me by surprise. Mom said, "Ride!" to Boo and me, and we ran to the garage! We were in the car for about a half hour, and then Mom pulled into a parkin' lot. The Black Dog and I knew right away where we were...

Brynwood Needleworks - Our Vet's Office
 
Dang! Mom took the two of us to the vet's office. Once we were in our exam room, she explained it was time for my annual checkup, and Bella's vaccinations. Mom was a little worried about me because I yelped a couple days ago when she patted my back end, so that was on the list, too.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Danger! Danger!
 
While we were waitin', I looked up at the counter and saw this thing. It is not my friend, so I hoped it wasn't for me. It turns out, they didn't use it, but I got somethin' even more humiliatin'. 
 
Dr. John checked my back end, and found another issue to deal with. Mom said it had somethin' to do with my "annual glands". It involved the vet squeezin' somethin' on my butt...and I wasn't amused even. one. bit. I do have to admit, though, I felt better after he was done. We got our shots, I got my toenails cut, and that other stuff, and then we went home with Mom. We're good for another year. Whew!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Carly At The Ranch

Meanwhile, that little punk was runnin' and fetchin' in Florida. She's havin' the time of her life. She doesn't have to tell us. Her mom and I have both been there. It's a vacation of the best kind. Good for her! snort
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Just Do It...but not on the rug."
 

7 comments:

  1. Glad your & Bella's check ups went well.
    Looks like Carly is having fun.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      We're glad to be back home. I'm feelin' better, too. I don't want to talk about Carly right now. It's raining and cold here. She's in hot weather, bitin' on birds. I might be a little green with envy. I'm not sayin'.
      Thanks for your note.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Oh those dreaded 'annual glands' - I know them well Tag. Our Odin used to have those sorts of indignities needing to be done. Must say the entire process was rather 'stinky'. I do hope you got an extra treat after all that poking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Mom said she was REAL glad they did that in the other room. (She's a gagger, but don't tell anybody!) Boo and I have been gettin' lots of treats since Dad left for Florida, but after both of us gettin' on the scale yesterday, Mom says we're gettin' cut back on the "treatage".
      Give Odin a high five from us!
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
    2. Oh Tag, how I wish I could give Odin a high five from you. We lost him just after he turned 4 and there's rarely a day goes by that I don't think of him.

      Delete
  3. LOLOLOL!! Yup, those annual glands are a bear!! And stinky!! Yikes!! Of course I've never had mine done but some of my pups have!! Poor baby!! Glad you are good for another year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Kris:
      I wasn't gigglin' yesterday, but I might smile a little today, knowin' I feel better. I didn't tell Mom how smelly it was, but she said she did notice I needed a butt freshinin' before it was done. I'm clean as a whistle now! She might still make an appointment for the groomers, though, because she said I'm kinda "blurry" right now, and she doesn't have a place to brush me out in the house. It's okay. I love Miss Joy, who does that.
      Thanks for the note.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna