November 12, 2020

A Little Tablescaping...

Brynwood Needleworks - Feathers and Stick
 
I played around with a little tablescaping yesterday. I've been collecting these feathers since we moved to the farmhouse. I liked this interesting stick, and I added a butterfly I found on the driveway early this summer. They've been displayed in a little, oval ironstone bowl since I started, but I decided they should be on view.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Birding Books
 
I have two antique bird books, too. One is for identifying bird eggs, and the one on top is for identifying bird eggs and nests. 
 
Dad collected one of the hawk feathers, and before I left his house the day he died, I safely tucked it into my bag to bring home. He taught me to love the outdoors, so it's appropriate that he be represented here, too. I even have a broken egg I found last spring. I haven't identified it for sure yet. It's a very pale blue and the right size, but I don't think it's a robin's egg. Good thing I have these books. I'll be able to look it up so I'll know for sure.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Curio Table
 
The glass lid lifts on a hinge, so I carefully propped it up and started arranging all the bird items inside. Once everything was arranged, the glass lowered to protect the contents.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Feathers Under Glass
 
The final touch was to add another of Tom Beardsley's lifelike carvings - a woodcock - on top to complete my birdy theme. I think the only thing I'm missing is a bird's nest...and I think I have one out in the potting shed. I'll have to check. I really think Handsome is going to like this one.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. That's a cool display!
    I too collect bird items.
    I have 1 nest & many feathers.
    I even have a red Cardinal feather.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You have a nest and A CARDINAL FEATHER? I'm jealous!! How wonderful.
      It's nice to know others share my love of the outdoors, and also collect treasures from Mother Nature.
      Enjoy the sunshine today!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Lucky you to have such a perfect space for display! You're right to think Handsome will love this - who wouldn't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA. Isn't it fun?
      Have a great weekend!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. It reminds me of a spectacular coffee table we once came across in an outdoors store....it was made of resin and wood, but the layers of resin revealed an entire underwater scene complete with fish and plant life. It cost thousands of dollars but Resident Chef and I both wished we could win the lottery so we could have owned it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna