November 19, 2020

Shepherd's Home Design...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Version of PG's "Shepherd's Home" Pincushion

This is one of my recently completed projects. The design is one of Lisa Bongean's pieces included in the Primitive Gatherings' Wool Box #11. It's meant to be a pincushion, but I changed it up a bit.
 
If you click on the image, you can enlarge it to get a better look, and these are the modifications I made. First, I decided to make it into a piece that will be stitched to a ground fabric and framed. Second, I created the tree completely in stitchery, rather than adding wool for the trunk. Last, I added two crows in flight (where the pattern picture shows stick pins).
 
Brynwood Needleworks - BW "Wee Crows Seven" Sampler

I always add two crows because of the poem I learned as a child. I designed an entire sampler around the poem years ago. 
 
 "One crow, sorrow, 
Two crows, joy
Three crows, a letter, 
Four crows, a boy
Five crows, silver, 
Six crows, gold
Seven crows a secret, never to be told."
 
So, "two crows, joy" is always my choice. I'll get a frame next time I go to Menasha to Primitive Gatherings. I'm looking forward to how it will look with a border of fabric and wood.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty project, & I love the poem.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I call it the 'family curse' on occasion, because I can't see crows now without reciting it. lol
      Thanks for the note!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna