November 5, 2020

Inspired...

Brynwood Needleworks - Table Inspiration
 
I belong to a farmhouse/cottage/Victorian home group on Facebook. Recently, a lady shared a photograph of her sitting room, and I immediately fixated on the table. Typical British homes have taller tables for their tea/cocktail tables, so seeing this reminded me of that.

Now, understand that while his wife considers herself more than half British (and I should. I was born there!), Handsome is not always enthused with my taste in that regard. We are great at the art of compromise...mostly.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Found One!!!
 
I actually conversed with the lady who had that table in the picture. She explained that she purchased an end table and painted it for her decor.
 
So, I went "hunting" on FB Marketplace. Not only did I find a taller end table, I found nearly the exact table! I think the "gingerbread" next to the table legs is slightly different, but really. They could be sisters!
 
I contacted the seller, we agreed on a lower price than her asking, and I went and got it. It was such a steal, and just what I wanted.

Brynwood Needleworks - It's Home

It is a little taller than what I want for a tea table, so I may shorten the legs by a couple inches, but isn't it beautiful? Now to decide whether or not I can bring myself to paint it. The wood is really interesting, and I love the inlay. I think for now, I'm going to enjoy it just as it is. Marketplace for the win again!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. A great find, it's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table. I too love inlay. It would be hard for me to cover it up. In the end, you will determine whether natural or painted better suits your living room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Andrea-
      I'm really not anxious to paint it. I think it's too nice, too. It's going to stay this way for the foreseeable future.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Another instance of great minds thinking alike (sort of). We have used a long black metal/glass/slate coffee table in our living room - initially as a plant stand under the window and then as a side table between our two chairs. It was cumbersome and didn't really suit the space. So...in our bedroom we were using a table similar in style to the one(s) you show and on the w'end we hauled it into the living room and replaced the metal table with it. Looks ever so much better (and the old one has already been taken to the thrift store). Resident Chef painted the 'new' table years ago so it's not a bad thing to paint it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA-
      I really love that we had the same idea!! I think I'll leave the table unpainted until it speaks to me. I have no trouble putting paint to wood...in fact, I've got a gorgeous color that I'm going to paint the kitchen china cabinet! It's going to be my project after this month's craft show. I'm going to share before and afters, so I'll look forward to your feedback.
      Thanks for your story. I really enjoyed reading it.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna