November 7, 2020

Thinking Ahead...

Brynwood Needleworks - Newest Cookie Cutters

I'm thinking ahead this year. I'm not sure my niece will host her annual Christmas Cookie Exchange as she's now the Director for a large nursing home facility. She instituted tighter Covid restrictions for the protection of her residents, and of course, holds herself to those restrictions as well. It's no wonder her residents love her.

I am attending a smaller Christmas party gathering on December 15th, and rather than having a gift exchange, we'll be sharing cookies instead. While I'm used to making six dozen cookies for my niece's party, we've only been asked to make three dozen for this exchange. Easy peasy!

The gathering is with friends who quilt and do wool applique', so I wanted to do some of the cookies in a sewing theme. I found a thread spool and knew it was one style I'd want to make. I'll do a dozen of those. As I looked through the Etsy shop (RikRakShack) and found a few others I wanted to add to my collection. They're high quality, and unbelievably affordable. 
 
***ATTENTION***Do you recognize the other shapes? Can you guess which other two cutters I'm going to use for the party? Tell me which ones. If you guess the right ones, I'll send you a dozen cookies when I make the rest for the party! I'm not going to mention this giveaway again. The first person to guess the right two cutters (aside from the spool cookies), will win a dozen of my handmade cookies in December.

Brynwood Needleworks - Hanging My Teacups

The other thing I did yesterday (in addition to removing the rest of the back hall tiles) was to add cup hooks to the shelf in our dining room china cabinet. Not only does this free up some space on the shelves below the hook, but I think there's really something lovely about hanging my tea cups.

The little bunny was hand carved by a dear friend who passed while we lived in Florida. It was one of the first things I ever purchased from him. Seeing this little guy makes me smile and think of our friend. I love that bunny now resides in our farmhouse china cabinet.

DonnaAcornSignature

13 comments:

  1. Wisconsin and musical note

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria:
      Those are great guesses, but not the two I picked for the party. I'll be making those for our home celebration instead. Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a little gift to you in December, just for playing along!
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sheep and square
    Your dishes are beautiful! And the mouse is just to cute!!
    Thank You
    Darlene North

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene!
      CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got both of them right. Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a dozen cookies to you in December! (My email link is in the sidebar)
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The square & cow cutters.
    That Bunny is too cute.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You got one of them right! Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a little gift to you in December, just for playing along!
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      You got one right! Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a little gift to you in December, just for playing along!
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      You got one of them right. Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a little gift to you in December, just for playing along!
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sheep and spool!! My sister is a teacher and she makes cut out sugar cookies for her entire school at Christmas. Good thing she teaches in a small Christian school with only 100 kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie:
      What a wonderful thing your sister does for her school! That's really admirable. Spool and sheep are correct, and there's one more...Email your name/address to me. I'll be sending a little gift to you in December, just for playing along!
      Thanks so much for your comment.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Sheep for wool projects and square for quilting square. I am late to the party, stayed off of my computer for about 4 days. Snowing, snowing, snowing here in NW Montana.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna