November 23, 2020

Kathy's Lovely Pinkeep...

Brynwood Needleworks - Kathy's Drum Pinkeep

Primitive Gatherings' Wool Box 7 included a beautiful pincushion kit called "Flock of Sheep". The pattern finishes as a rectangular pincushion, but my girlfriend, Kathy D. had a different idea, and I love it!

I've been saving images of drum-style pinkeeps for a while, but hadn't purchased a pattern or looked for a tutorial for one so far. Kathy, however, had. She turned me on to a YouTube contributor called The Twisted Stitcher. The needleworker behind the videos is Vonna Pfeiffer. She has great videos, including one for how to create a drum pinkeep.

Kathy's is wonderful, and now I've been inspired to stitch up my kit, watch the video, and put together one of my own! Lisa's "Flock of Sheep" kit isn't available outside the Wool Boxes (yet), so if you're interested in adapting one of your projects, you can see Vonna's video tutorial HERE.

Thanks, Kathy!! I can't wait to make mine.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. It's so cute.
    Drums are popular in the cross stitch world right now.
    Vonna has a lot of great tutorials.
    Can't wait to see yours!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I've noticed that, too! I've made lots of different shapes, I think a biscornu was the most unique, but I'm anxious to try one of these.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Just watched Vonna’s great video. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Does it make you want to create your own? I'm looking forward to making one.Thanks for the note today!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Super cute and very functional. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Are you going to make one, too? I'm definitely going to make one - or ten! lol Thanks for dropping by.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've seen a pincushion in that particular shape before - I like it! Particularly if there was some weight placed in the bottom to keep it from tipping over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I was pretty thorough when I inspected Kathy's. She filled hers with sawdust (in the style of the colonial pinkeeps - and before). The top have matboard inserts, and it was interestingly sturdy and stable. It's not as heavy as it would be filled with walnut shells, but the sawdust was surprisingly bulky. I hope you're going to make one, too! Thanks for your note.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna