November 25, 2020

Another Project Completed...

Brynwood Needleworks - Alice's Teacup Pincushions - Silk Flower Detail
 
I finished the order for five of my BW exclusive Alice's Teacup Pincushions. I so enjoy sitting down with needle, thread and silk ribbon to create something lovely.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Alice's Teacup Pincushions - Dormouse and Teaspoon Detail
 
I did manage to find one Schleik mouse (now discontinued, and expensive in secondary collector's market) that didn't cost an arm and a leg, so I'll be able to make one more of these for myself. The mouse was actually white, but I painted all of them in dormouse colors for each of the pincushions I've made like these in the past couple of years. I think they turned out really cute.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Five Finished Alice's Teacup Pincushions
 
So they're all finished now. I'll wrap them carefully in tissue and bubble wrap, pack them each into their own box, and then all of them into a larger box to be sure they arrive in Florida safely. They'll be mailing out today, and then I'll start on another special order. 
 
I want to complete all my outstanding orders before I go in for surgery next Tuesday. Then, I can just concentrate on healing, and shipping out any ready-made orders that come into my shop during the sale I'm running. (Check THIS post if you don't know about the sale yet.)
 
I'll be staying home for Thanksgiving, so I'll have an extra day to sew. Tag, Bella and I will have a productive, quiet day together watching a Hallmark movie or two while I play in the studio. What do you have planned?

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. The pincushions are so pretty.
    We are having a small meal just for ourselves & I'll be stitching.
    Have a wonder, quiet Thanksgiving with the pups.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Donna - I'm sure your customer will be more than thrilled with them. Hopefully they reach their destination unscathed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna