October 22, 2020

The Smell Of Fresh Baked Bread...

Brynwood Needleworks - Fresh Out Of The Oven
 
There's nothing quite like the aroma of warm bread lifting throughout the farmhouse. It lingers on a cold day, and promises a tasty meal to come. Such was our day yesterday. 

Four fresh loaves of Farmhouse Sandwich bread, perfectly baked, with just the right crunch in the crust. Seeing Handsome's reaction always makes me smile.

Monday afternoon we drove over to the local orchard to get a bushel of LindaMac apples (hybrid Macintosh, as they were out of Macs). So, today, the farmhouse will smell of apples cooking down. Soon the pantry will be filled with more jars. We'll have Autumn all Winter in the form of delicious applesauce. 
 
The best part? Handsome helps. This is a project we always do together, and we both enjoy the work. After all, more hands make the load lighter, and the task easier. Right? Right!

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, those breads look so delicious.
    I love Fall for baking time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      Fresh bread with homemade chili. Does it get any better?
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend the day! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Girlfriend:
      I really look forward to my bread baking days. The house is warm and smells delicious, and then there's always a hearty dinner. It's the best!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Woo hoo! I have smell-o-vision!!! I'm reading this accompanied by the smell of Resident Chef's English Muffin making skills. I'm nibbling on one as I type too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MM:
      My younger sister also loves to bake, and recently made English muffins (I won't even start about her croissants! She has a bakery business.) I may have to try those soon!
      Enjoy. Yummm!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna