October 24, 2020

The Colors of Autumn...

Brynwood Needleworks - The Colors of Autumn

I've been looking at images of quilts lately. Most of these happen to be photos taken by a friend of her home. I find myself drawn to the golden orange color in most of her quilts. (She changes out quilts from her vast collection for each season/holiday.) I think I need to make (at least) one in this color for the farmhouse.

I need to choose the pattern, and then pull fabrics from my copious fabric "collection" before I list more fabrics in my shop. 

What do you think? Are you as taken with this color as I am? Do you already have a fall quilt at your house? I'm suffering serious quilt envy here. I'm going to create something in this color soon...and definitely before next year!

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. The quilts are all beautiful.
    I love that color of Fall.
    I need to learn how to quilt.
    My SIL live sin Alaska, & she quilts.
    She sent me a big Jellyroll, so I need to do something with it.
    Have fun picking out colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You'll have to send me a picture when you finish yours!
      Have fun.
      Happy Fall to us!!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I keep saying I want to make a fall quilt too. This is my favorite time of the year, and I love the colors of fall. You might just encourage me to start one. I do like to decorate for fall. Can’t wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      We can encourage each other! I'm going to look through my fabrics for this color, and then choose a nice design to make mine. I'll keep you posted!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I like oranges but not a huge fan - I'm more of a blue and purple girl. I love the colours of fall outside but haven't translated that to the indoors. Looking forward to seeing what you do!
    MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I get it. I'd never have chosen this color in a million years, but once I saw it throughout her house, I fell in love! One of my sister loves purple, so I made a quilt for her while we still lived in Florida (and my little Fezzik was still alive). It's still one of my favorite designs, so I may use that for my fall quilt!
      I'll keep you posted.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I think your beautiful farmhouse lends itself well to oranges!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna