October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween...

Brynwood Needleworks - Full Moon via Collective-Evolution.com

We let the black dogs and Tag out Thursday morning, and Bella immediately spotted interlopers in the yard by the old apple tree. We had an adult black and white cat, and one of this year's black kittens (who live up at Andy and Shelly's house).
 
I had to swear to Handsome that I haven't been feeding them-which would attract them here. (I haven't!) They were immediately dispersed, without harm, by Bella, with Carly close behind out of curiosity. Kitten literally flew up into the apple tree, while the adult ran to the safety of the woodshed. I think that one has established winter accommodations in the woodshed, so I did admit that, as long as it was going to be there, I placed a nice, comfy bed inside (which I've seen him using).

As soon as Bella and Carly were called back to the house, black kitten made tracks for the woodshed, too. I'm sure that once it felt like it was safe to do so, the kitten scooted back up to her mama at Shelly and Andy's, and away from the scarey black dogs. All in all, it was pretty exciting.

Although there's plenty of candy around the farmhouse, (What can I say? We each have a sweet tooth - or four! lol) we don't get any trick or treaters around here. Do they visit your house? Are you having a little family party? Do you have black cats (or dogs) at your house? 

Whatever you do, or however you might celebrate, take a moment to look outside an enjoy that gorgeous autumn moon. It's simply magnificent!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I think you have 2 new Winter residents!
    We live on a circle, & for the past 2 years we've lived here, there were no Trick or Treaters. But, I buy some candy anyway, just in case. It has to be something DH likes. :)
    I'm looking at the gorgeous Moon now, it's reflecting on the river in back of our house.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      When I looked at the trail cam photos from the past few nights, there were FOUR 'possums, a raccoon, and THREE cats. sigh In one shot, the cat showed up while the big opossum was in the feeder. By the next shot, the cat was gone. That's fine by me. The feeders are set up for their benefit, so as long as they get first dibs, the rest can visit.
      Have a great Sunday!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. What an incredible picture!
    No trick or treatsters in our building. Other years the management has shelled out in the lobby but with Covid they're not this year. No candy for us - fortunately neither of us likes it.
    Wonder if the kitty(s) will take up permanent residence and if they do if the dogs will learn to get along with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm pretty sure Handsome will have fits if they try to move in permanently. He's not a cat fancier, although I grew up with them. I told him tonight that if I had a cat, I'd like a Maine Coon cat. He grunted in reply. lol
      No matter where we've lived - mostly in the country - we've never had trick or treaters. That doesn't keep me from purchasing candy, though. We both love sweets.
      Have a great Sunday!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna