October 17, 2020

The Last Blooms Of Autumn...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Fall Blooms

I found a few hardy blooms left in our kitchen garden yesterday. The hollyhocks have already gone to seed, but each day, I'll see a beautiful blossom waving outside our kitchen windows. The lavender is still throwing out new flowers, and there are even new morning glories climbing the hollyhock stems. Even Mom's daisies offer up a couple of sweet goodbyes to summer.

The weather is turning cooler at night, and soon daytime temps will drop, but my kitchen garden will hang on as long as it can, sheltered on the southern exposure of our home. If the weather permits, I'll be cleaning up the weeds and moving a few plants before the ground freezes. I love this time of year.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are still so pretty.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marilyn:
    It sure was windy around here Saturday! It's warmed up, but there was ice on the ground first thing this morning. Stay safe!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna