October 5, 2020

Prayers Answered...

Bynwood Needleworks - Outside The Farmhouse Last Night
 
Handsome's brother and (our) sister-in-law have had their western Wyoming home for sale for some time, but we knew the closing was imminent. Before Handsome ended up in the hospital, we'd all made arrangements for them to stop on their way back East (where they'll be moving to be closer to their kids and grands).

When Handsome ended up in the hospital, they had decided to by-pass Wisconsin and just keep moving toward the east coast. They were going to call on their way through (or around). But, then, all our prayers were answered!

Handsome called me from the hospital this morning to tell me that the doctors said he was well enough to come home TODAY!!!! He spoke with his brother before they had pulled up stakes in their Minnesota campground, and plans changed back to stopping here for the night.

I made pork carnitas enchiladas for us for dinner, picked Handsome up from the hospital, made an apple crisp for dessert, and brother and SIL pulled in the driveway before dark. We had a lovely night, catching up over a meal. (No. Handsome was served a tasty tomato basil soup per his dietary restrictions for the next few days.) 

After dinner was cleaned up and the kitchen closed for the night, we took the dogs out for their last evening walks, and I caught this image of their cute teardrop camper on our driveway. Doesn't it look peaceful?

Thank you, all, for your prayers and good thoughts for my beloved husband. I believe in the power of prayer, and know that they're always heard. I'm grateful that this particular prayer was answered so quickly, and that Handsome could be back home yesterday. This was a true bright spot for us, and I know you had something to do with it. Thanks again. I'll go to sleep happy tonight.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Glad Handsome is feeling better & got to go home.
    Cute little camper!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It really was great news! We're so glad he's back home.
      They really love their camper, and it really is cute inside and out. They travel with two pups, who fit right in with them. Traveling with your own kitchen, bath and bed is, in my mind, the best way to travel - especially these days!
      Thanks for your note!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Good news all around - with the help of the power of prayer I'm certain. Safe travels to your BIL & SIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM:
      I believe you're right (with all my heart). Thanks so much for your upbeat note.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna