October 14, 2020

Another UFO...

Brynwood Needleworks - Crossed Wing Collection "Bluebird"
 
As I've been going through my supplies, I locate unfinished projects, decide on what I want to list for sale, and organize what I'll be keeping. I currently have many bolts of beautiful fabric selected that will be listed for sale soon.

As I was sorting, I came across a silk gauze project I began decades ago. It needs to be completed, and I'm going to get back to it very soon.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Crossed Wing Collection "Bluebird"
 
This project is worked in silk thread on 40 count silk gauze. That means forty threads per inch. You can see from my thumb, for reference, that the silk cross stitches are tiny!!! I'm definitely going to need my lighted magnifier to complete this piece. (I needed it decades ago, but there's no way I can stitch this now without one!)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Crossed Wing Collection "Bluebird"
 
In fact, when I enlarged this image, I can see a number of stitches that I never went back and completed the second half of my cross! Some of those stitches are messy by my current standards, so I'm debating whether or not I'll remove them all and start over!I'll have to decide soon, because it's really bugging my "perfection" gene!
 
I'm looking forward to working on this one...it will be like the "good ol' days" when I had my shop. I'll be happily needle dancing in no time.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty.
    I think I still have the kit for the loon!
    I remember going to your shop in Fond du Lac.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I love the loon piece from CWC! I hope you'll send an email and share it with me when you finish it!
      I loved having my shop. I met so many wonderful people there, and many who are still dear friends, like you!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I can't imagine stitching anything that fine, especially now when I've developed cataracts. Even WITH a magnifier I doubt I could accomplish it even when I had my full eyesight. Good on you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MM:
      Don't congratulate me quite yet. I did that much when I still had young eyes. I've got special bifocals and a new lighted magnifier, but I may be optimistic about my ability to complete it. I'll keep you posted.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. There's nothing to say you couldn't upsize the entire thing using different threads and fabric....just sayin'.....

      Delete
    3. Well, that would just be too easy, wouldn't it? lol That's a great suggestion, girlfriend. I'll have that as backup if I really can't see well enough to finish this.
      xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna