October 10, 2020

Baking Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - French Bread

Handsome has been back in the hospital since Tuesday night. His brother and sister-in-law left on Tuesday morning, and we went about a normal day. Late day, Handsome really wasn't feeling well again, so I took him back to the ER, where he was re-admitted. He's been improving since, but the doctor is exercising the highest caution to be sure we don't have a repeat of Tuesday night, or worse, that he'd then need surgery. 
 
I've been very busy since then, not only with the critters, but keeping my hands and mind occupied, too. Yesterday I baked bread. This is actually my French bread recipe, but I like the loaf shape for sandwiches, and Handsome loves it when I make the large boule' (round) loaves. I also made a small baguette, and ate about a third of it with my Friday dinner.
 
We're expecting that Handsome won't come home before Sunday, so I'll get a few more projects accomplished this weekend. I have an order for one of my Fairy Steed (Corgi) wool pincushions, so I'll set that up to stitch, too. 
 
What do you have planned for the weekend? Are you going to be out enjoying the weather? If you're in Hurricane Delta's path, know that you and yours are in our prayers. 
 
Stay Safe and Be Well, Friends.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie. Handsome and I appreciate your prayers.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm, the breads look delicious.
    Prayers for both of you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marilyn:
      Handsome saw the bread photo and was drooling. Hoping he'll be able to come home today. Thanks for your prayers.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about this latest setback. Keeping you in my prayers. Nothing makes a house smell better than fresh baked bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      Thanks so much for your prayers and note. Hoping he'll be home today. I'm hoping the house will still like fresh bread when he walks in.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Andrea. We really appreciate it.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. So sorry that Handsome has had a setback....thoughts are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MM:
      We were so sad about it. I've sure missed having him around this past week. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with you both, and wishing Handsome a speedy recovery. Love as always Laura. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Laura. We both appreciate your prayers.
      Blessings,
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Donna, I am so sorry you and your husband is going through this. Prayers for a fast recovery for him. Hugs for you! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherri:
      We were so sad when he had to go back. He's feeling much better and we hope he can come home today. Thanks for your prayers, my dear. Hugs and love right back to you.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna