August 1, 2020

More Progress...

Brynwood Needleworks - Working On My Farmhouse Hydrangeas

I had a wonderful visit with Kathy D. yesterday. She brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers, freshly picked from her gardens, along with my Wool Box from Primitive Gatherings. We sat on the porch and enjoyed the perfect weather, chatting as the hummingbirds buzzed in and out of the feeders.

Kathy got a chance to meet Carly - who surprisingly was a little shy. We let Bella out onto the porch, and Carly immediately got brave. (If it's okay for Mama, it's okay for me, right?) It was really sweet. Of course, then they wanted to wrestle around under Kathy's feet, so they got shooed back into the house so we could visit, unaccosted.

Brynwood Needleworks - My Stitching Setup

After Kathy left, I sat down to stitch again for a little while. I finished all my work on the blossoms, and then went back to read from my Royal School of Needlework Essential Stitch Guides for Stumpwork and Silk Shading. I purchased these when I was taking my classes in Lexington, and I frequently reference them. 

I'll be continuing my progress on this one until it's finished today, so I'll be able to show it to you on Monday. 

Tomorrow is Granddaughter #2's Birthday. Grandpa and I are hoping to see her today to give her her Birthday gift. It's hard to believe she's already a teenager. Gosh. It seems like only yesterday that she was born! Time sure flies.

I hope you have a restful and creative weekend. Take care, be safe, and stay healthy, dear friends. I'll chat with you again soon.

Happy August!!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time & visit with a friend.
    Have fun with your Grandaughter!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna