August 22, 2020

I'll Do This For Dad...

Brynwood Needleworks - Hickory Hill Farm Sunset
 
Today is Dad's Celebration of Life. 

His children, family and friends will gather at 11 am today to share stories and memories of my father. He requested that I deliver his eulogy. (Is that what you call it at a Celebration of Life? I don't know.) 

This won't be an easy day. Losing his presence in my life is still raw. Standing in front of the attendees will be difficult, especially as I try to maintain my own composure speaking about the man I've known and loved since I first drew my first breath.
 
It won't be easy, but life doesn't guarantee easy. I'll hold my head up, put one foot in front of the other, and deliver the words I've written about my memories of his life. When I'm finished, I'll listen to others and smile as they share their memories of him, too. 
 
You always taught me that I can do anything I set my mind to, Dad. Now, I'll do this most difficult thing today for you. I'll try not to cry, but I'm not making any promises. If the tears come, I'll let them flow. 
 
I miss you, Dad. I'll look for you in every sunset, and every beautiful gift from Mother Nature. I know that's where you always felt the freest. I know that's where I'll find you. I know that's where you'll be. Until we're together again...Love Never Dies.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Sending you thoughts of courage for today Donna. Blessings on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that you have put into words what so many of us feel when we think of our departed loved ones, Your words brought tears again. Wishing you comfort.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you did a wonderful job. It's always nice to hear the meemories of others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna