August 13, 2020

A Beautiful Chair...

Brynwood Needleworks - Brocade Chair Detail

A beautiful, heirloom chair has now returned to the farmhouse. I received a message from Shelly, asking if I'd be interested in this piece. I responded with an enthusiastic "Yes!".

When Shelly's parents still lived in our farmhouse, this chair did, too. After they moved to a care facility, family members moved some of their family treasures to their own homes. This chair moved to Shelly and Andy's daughter's home until this week, when it was offered to me.

Brynwood Needleworks - Brocade Chair
 
Shelly brought the chair to us on Tuesday, and explained its history to me. This beautiful, well-made chair belonged, first, to Shelly's aunt. It then belonged to her parents, moving to her daughter's home, and now it has returned to the farmhouse, where it will continue to be loved and admired.
 
The fabric on the chair is a beautiful brocade, with a dancing couple surrounded by lovely flowers. It looks very much like needlepoint, although it isn't. The shape of the chair is decidedly feminine, and it's a comfortable sit, too! The wood has carving that adds to its loveliness.
 
I'm so tickled to have this lovely, meaningful chair sitting in a place of honor at Hickory Hill Farm. I'm so grateful to Shelly and her family for so graciously sharing it with us. They can rest assured that it will continue to be well-cared for now - and always.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure.
    It's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn!
      I'm in love with it. (smiling)
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I am certain it is very happy to be back home. Like it went on an extended vacation and that “ah- Home again” feeling has returned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Girlfriend!
    I'm thinking the same thing. She's happy to be back home.
    Thanks for your note!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna