August 27, 2020

Because I Love You...

Brynwood Needleworks - Label By Lillalotta on Etsy

I'm so glad I ordered these labels from my friend, Anna Barrow and her Lillalotta shop on Etsy. She's done quite a few labels that I purchased and loved, but I think this one's my new favorite.

Brynwood Needleworks - Brynwood Baby Label

I commissioned these labels about ten years ago. I use them on my baby projects. I'd share the link with you, but alas, I can't remember who created them for me.

Brynwood Needleworks - Flannel Backing Fabric

They're both sewn to the back of this "Ellie" quilt. I've created it for my great-niece, Elizabeth. This is the nickname her parents gave her.

Brynwood Needleworks - Done and Done!

So I thought it would be cute to add a sweet pink elephant, and hand embroidery to the quilt I wanted to make as a gift for her first Birthday. The party is this weekend at a park on the other side of the lake from where we live.

No. We don't live near the lake, but if you look at a map of Wisconsin, you'll see the large lake in the southeast quadrant. That's Lake Winnebago. We live about ten miles east of the eastern shore of the lake, while Ellie's parents and grandparents live on the other side of the lake on the western side. Many Wisconsinites navigate the state referencing Lake Winnebago.

Anyway, I digress...This is for my great niece. It's done. I'm going to toss it through the washer and dryer so it's nice and soft. (I want her to be able to cuddle it from the second she gets it.) Then, I'll wrap it up so I can give it to her.

Bring on the party hats. I'm ready now!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, & the tags are perfect!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has turned out beautiful! The labels make it an even more cherished piece. I bet Lillotta can make the Brynwood baby one too. She is amazing with her labels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna