August 19, 2020

Trying Something New...

Brynwood Needleworks - Queen Anne's Lace On Linen
 
With the fabric I've been using for my strawberries reaching its end, I need to find something new for my ground fabric. I chose to try the obvious linen as a possibility. While, I frequently choose linen for my needlework projects, I'm not sold on this option yet.

I'm going to complete this one, and then try a few other options. To make the comparison, I'm going to stitch the same flowers (Queen Anne's Lace) on each of the options I audition. I think I'll then photograph all the options and ask you for your opinion! 

I'll keep stitching, finish this one, and then I'll post more pictures when I have another ground fabric to try out. I may even have a drawing to give away one of them! More on this project later...

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I think it's pretty.
    Can't wait to see your other options.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! I'll be sure to share once I've pulled the other fabrics, and look forward to reading what you think.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. So pretty Donna. I love Queen Anne's lace. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie:
      It's one of my favorites, too. The countryside is filled with Queen Anne's Lace and chickory these days. It's lovely and cheerful.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna