August 7, 2020

I'm At That Age...

Gilda Radner Quote

This is definitely how I feel about my wardrobe these days. I'm looking for comfort and style. Something that I can wear home or away. Something that makes me feel good.
Simplicity Pattern S8856
 
I recently saw this pattern, and it got stuck in my head. I could make it in a comfortable knit, linen, cotton...even fleece! I can shorten it for a nice dress, even make it sleeveless! I can even hand or machine embroider the yoke, if I follow my muse.
 
I went to Joann's website, and it wasn't in stock online or in the stores. ugh I went to Simplicity's website, only to find it priced somewhere around $20! double ugh So, I went to Etsy and found it at multiple price points...most around $7, plus postage. Bingo! Bought it yesterday, so I'll be watching the mail. I can even start choosing fabric from my studio while I wait. Score!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I would make the long version for myself. I love dresses with pockets. The only problem is they tend to catch on the doorknobs and pull me backwards :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That front panel would be super cute with a little embroidery down the front on a solid color. I wonder who could make that happen! Love the pattern and may have to search for one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing patterns these days are outlandishly expensive. Makes me glad I don't sew clothes. Sometimes I wish I did but I can never make them look right so it's a wasted effort. I like the versatility of the pattern you've chosen though - lots of scope for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern but have never seen it before. I followed your example and looked on Etsy and have now ordered one of my own! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna