July 31, 2019

That'll Do, For Now...

Brynwood Needleworks - Thirteen Pounds of Pickling Cucumbers (Raw)
 
The day began with thirteen pounds of pickling cucumbers. They were washed, sorted and then processed. Handsome and I did this together. Sharing the load always makes it easier (and more fun).
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Thirteen Pounds of Pickling Cucumbers (Processed)
 
By early afternoon, we'd processed everything. We ended up with eight pints of bread & butter pickles; eight pints and one quart of kosher dill spears; and five pints and one quart of kosher dill pickles...and a farmhouse that smelled like a big pickle, too!
 
These are all the pickles I'll make this year. I also have tomatoes, applesauce, perhaps Concord grapes, crab apples, pears and/or plums, and more strawberry/rhubarb pie filling to can in my/our future. For now, I'm caught up and heading back to the studio...after my morning coffee.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Alot of hard work now but truly enjoy this winter. I used to can a lot and when I would open up a jar in the winter, it would take me back to that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna