July 29, 2019

Today, I Shall Pickle...

Brynwood Needleworks - Zucchini and Pepper Relish

Shelly and I headed to the Fond du Lac Farmer's Market first thing on Saturday morning. They had nothing in bulk that we could find, and I was in search of green and red peppers to make tasty Zucchini and Pepper Relish.

I bought a few crab rangoons from a street vendor (very tasty) and Shelly bought kettle korn. (Yum!) We left and decided to try our luck at the West Bend market.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Pickling Cucumbers

We arrived in plenty of time to shop before they closed up at 11 am. I didn't find any peppers, but I did find a nice assortment of pickling cucumbers, which I'll can up today. 

Yesterday, Handsome and I tackled the zucchini relish. We did buy some peppers, but not at the farmer's market, so I grated and he chopped. In no time, we had the ingredients for two batches of relish, which yielded eleven pints (and that was from just one zucchini! I have three more!).

By the time that was finished (of course, on the hottest day this week), I was too pooped to tackle another thing. I'll do more relish on a cooler day, and today will be my day for making bread & butter pickles with these little beauties. (It's supposed to be cooler today.)

I've already got my orders in the mail from the weekend, and I'll sew again tomorrow. Today, I shall pickle. heehee
 
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna