July 15, 2019

Party Time...

Brynwood Needleworks - Long Lake, WI

What do you do on a perfectly fabulous Wisconsin summer day? Well, you head to the lake, of course! Long Lake in Fond du Lac County, specifically. This lake is a hidden gem - large enough for water skiing behind power boats, but small enough to have comfortably cool water, and smaller crowds. It's in the heart of our Kettle Moraine Glacial area, which spawned many such lakes.

Brynwood Needleworks - Long Lake, Wisconsin

There were families, all enjoying the weather and water, and although there were many sunbathers on and off floats, Handsome and I were not among them. We actually had another purpose for being at the lake.

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Boy
 
Shelly and Andy's elder grandson turns eight today, so we attended his Birthday party yesterday. They had lots of good food for family and friends (and the occasional next door neighbors), and plenty of celebratory sweets. Eli, his friends, and cousins all had a great time, in and out of the water. We figured they would sleep like logs last night from all the swimming and chasing around. It was fun to watch.
 
The adults visited, and when the party ended mid-afternoon, Handsome and I drove back home to enjoy the rest of the day. I even had a little needlework time. (You know how being in all the fresh air can hit you when you get home?) I put my feed up and didn't do much else after we got back to the farm. There's plenty of time to get back to my regularly scheduled events, but for this past Sunday, we definitely rested.

I'm ready to get back to work now. Tag will be here tomorrow while I visit with the ladies at our monthly Sit & Stitch, but I'll see you again on Wednesday. If you're in the aftermath of Barry, I hope you're safe and sound. Please check in when you can to let us know you're okay. Back to the studio for me!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna