July 19, 2019

Loving "Summer"...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Summer" Pillow My Way
 
I've completed my "Summer" pillow for the farmhouse. The design is based on a pillow pattern from Wool Box 3 from Primitive Gatherings. Lisa designed the pillow with two large, beautiful sunflowers, but I love changing up any and every design to reflect my own interests. This project was no exception, and I'm tickled with the results.

Brynwood Needleworks - Summer Pillow Closeup

My bumblebee is embroidered using two color threads (yellow and black) and bullion knots. I used a satin stitch for his head, and lazy daisy stitches for his wings.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Hollyhock Detail

As we also have light, creamy white hollyhocks, I decided to put that color in each corner. I sewed the pillow together yesterday, and it's now sitting in our living room where it will continue to make me smile whenever I look at it.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Our Bountiful Hollyhocks
 
Before I close today, I thought I'd show you another view of my kitchen garden this year. Hollyhocks tower in the back, along with delphiniums and Mom's daisies. Lavender covers the center of the garden, and imparts its heavenly fragrance throughout the day and night. Hostas, creeping phlox and dianthus take their places in the front row. 
 
After our porch project is complete, I'll add a few more things for this year, along with a layer of mulch. It won't be long now, but I have to remind myself that patience is a virtue. I guess I'll wait things out in the studio, planning my next project.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty pillow, and beautiful garden.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen garden looks fabulous! Well done on your Summer pillow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna