July 3, 2019

Primitive Gatherings Wool Box Three Reveal...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' Wool Box 3

Nearly a month has passed since I received my third Wool Box from Primitive Gatherings. Lisa and her staff ask that we not show the contents immediately upon receipt, so we won't spoil the surprise for those who would be receiving their boxes later. Everyone should have theirs by now, so it's safe to show you the contents. This box was overflowing with beautiful kits, wools and "littles".

I have a new pillow kit for "Summer", so when that's finished, I can change it out with the "Spring" cover from the second Wool Box! The kit includes everything needed to create the Summer cover.

Brynwood Needleworks - Wool Box Contents

There's a new pincushion kit that's meant to fit inside the square ruler box that came in the first wool box. As I didn't receive the first one, I'm waiting until the pincushion boxes come available to get one...or I'll ask my friend, Gisselle, to make one of hers for me!

There was a single ball of Valdani cotton, in a color that's used in this box, as well as an nice wool fabric assortment, and a sweet, little sheep that can be used as decor - or a handy pincushion. Is it strange that I feel bad sticking pins or needles in her? Well, she's in my tray for working on my minis, so she's holding needles right now. (I got over the feeling! lol)

We also received the covers and small ring to hold the stitch cards that come in each box, and a new kit that's part of a recurring theme for future boxes..."Celebrate Fifty Two Mini Ways" came with a small wooden clip frame, and the June and July kits to make these sweet interchangeable motifs.

Brynwood Needleworks - "Celebrate Fifty Two Mini Ways"

I work on mine in the evening when Handsome and I are watching the Milwaukee Brewers baseball games, so it was only appropriate that my first one would be the baseball. Then I did the flag, strawberries, and the flowers. Of course, I've done my own variations of each block, so they aren't going to look exactly like the blocks done by anyone else.

There are eight designs in each set, so when the Wool Box program is over, there will have been a total of fifty two minis...one for each week in the year. Isn't that fun?

Brynwood Needleworks - "Everlasting" Blocks


Other recurring sets are the "Everlasting" series, which will likely become a small quilt when completed. I've already ordered the set from the first Wool Box, so I'll have all of these.

There are also recipe cards each month, featuring some of Lisa Bongean's favorite treats. As with the last box, I've already unashamedly eaten the tasty caramels that come in each box.

They're already beginning to fill up the next box, which will be ready in August. I'll try to complete most of these kits (and the ones I haven't done from Box Two yet) before the next box comes out. In the meantime, I'm having fun just pawing through everything when I have an extra minute or two.

Brynwood Needleworks - Christmas In July Shop Sale

Before I go today, I just want to let you know that I'm having a sale in my online shop. My BFF, Lee mentioned that there aren't any new wallets in the shop. She's right. However, I'll be stocking new wallets and completed Shop Hop Crossbody Bags (along with a few other treats) into the shop next week.

You'll have plenty of time to see them before the sale ends at the end of the month. You can just click HERE to see what's available now, but be sure to come back next week (and again before the end of the month) to see the newest additions.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous box of goodies to receive! I love the baseball applique. Have a wonderful rest of the week and a relaxing Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOLunderful box of treasures. Your new filing cabinet will be overflowing in no time for certain. Lovely pieces to slow stitch. Happy and Safe Fourth of July Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna