July 11, 2019

A Little This - A Little That...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Squirrel Pincushion

I had a productive day yesterday. First, I assembled my pincushion embroideries from Wednesday, which as great fun. I decided to give my squirrel pincushion a bullion stitch border, so I stitched all of them over the seam. I love how it turned out.

The Posey pincushion was assembled, too, but I didn't do anything extra on the seam. Perhaps later. I'll think about it for now...or just enjoy it the way it is.

Brynwood Needleworks - Summer Pillow Kit
 
My sister, Sherry, stopped over yesterday and picked up the lighthouse crossbody bag she'd commissioned. She hadn't expected the embroidery, thinking I'd give her lighthouses in printed fabric, so she was thrilled with the embroidery. I must say, it's so rewarding when you make something for someone and they love it so much. It makes the labor so worth while.

The rains never developed last night, so it was the perfect night for a concert in the park. The families filled the hillside, and the kiddos loved the music that had been planned just for them. Of course, I always enjoy the music. I sat with Mom Grace's daughter, Deb and two of our other friends. It was quite delightful.

Today, you'll find me in the studio. I have lots of work to do for commissions, as well as restocking wallets in my shop. Don't forget I'm having my Christmas In July sale. there should be lots of new items by the weekend, so I'd better finish my coffee and head upstairs. 

Thanks for stopping by today. It's really nice to know you're out there, reading my musings. I just want you to know how much I appreciate that you take a little time to spend with me. I hope you have a wonderful day, and look forward to visiting with you again tomorrow.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Cute projects.
    Love Mr. squirrel.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent edging on Squirrel pinnie. 104F today so I will be chillin in the air conditioning which I am embracing as never before. Sewing Serenity Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna