July 6, 2019

More Minis Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Mini Flip Flops Version

I managed to finish two more minis since I last showed them to you. Remember I said that I like to give each one my own twist? I did that with these two, as well.

One of the pieces is this adorable pair of mini flip flops. Notice that Lisa's version (on the left) uses a lazy daisy stitch to create the flower on each one. I decided to stitch detached buttonhole stitches to make a little dressier flower. This is the same flower I use on my Strawberry Rose Sachets, and it's a favorite.

I also realized that, likely because of my needlework background, I have a tendency toward multiple smaller blanket stitches around the outside of my pieces than Lisa does. I suppose I could force myself to think "BIG", but I like my smaller stitches - and it is my project, after all.

Brynwood Needleworks - My Mini Wordy Version
 

Lisa also designed a coffee mini, with her favorite "Coffee, Pray, Hustle" saying. I, on the other hand, decided to stitch words that are my favorite..."Love Never Dies". I haven't sewn this mini to the backing yet, as I don't have the right thread in stock to go with the wool color. (In fact, I don't have a thread color that's even close! Shocking!!) I'll have to shopping. Don't feel sorry for me.

Today, Handsome and I will be with my best friend and her husband, as they gather with family and friends to celebrate the life of her mother. They brought their sweet Labrador along with them on this trip, but I'll let Tag tell you more about her next week.

I'll set up a new project from the third Wool Box, and show you how that looks next time we're together. I hope you have a fun weekend planned doing something you love, too. Gotta run for now.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Your personal stitch touches are just right. These little minis are sew cute! Slow Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna