July 30, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Something Smells Funny...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

 Hi, Everybody!

What can I say? Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for my weekly closeup. I've got lots on my mind, and Mom's always chasin' me around with what Dad calls her "toy camera". (Did you know he was a professional photographer before he retired? Yep. That means Mom takes all the pictures now.) 

Anyway, she's always got her iPhone somewhere close in case The Black Dog or I do somethin' cute...which is almost always! So, when she chirps, "Look at me, Tag" you know I'm gonna look anywhere but at her. I can be contrary that way. I'm a Corgi, after all.

Brynwood Needleworks - Chasin' Dogs

Boo and I like to engage in a daily game of tag (with a small "t"), and were recently on the hillside above the woodshed. Mom usually keeps us from goin' any further up, because then we'd be in our neighbor's woods. We only go in there once in a while. Mosquitos and other bite-y stuff love chewin' on Mom, so she has to lather up with the bug spray, which she really dislikes. I have to admit it's not one of my favorite smells either.

We do, however love to run around up there just to keep Mom (or Dad) on their toes. The whistles start blowin' and they call us back every time we get close, but then we just stop to take a whiz...you know, like we meant to do that all along. (Yeah. Right.)

When we're done, we go right back to chasin' each other around the yard, unless...

Brynwood Needleworks - What's That Smell?

somethin' catches my olfactory attention. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I can roll in it! I'm not afraid of the tall grass either. I just jumped right in and went on nose patrol...while Mom freaked.

She isn't afraid that somethin' will hurt me, and she kinda likes it when I disappear in the tall grass. It doesn't scare me a bit. She's freakin' out because she knows if I find somethin' especially nasty, I'll roll in it. It's what I do.

I stopped and came back out without findin' anythin', but Boo had to check it out, too. We were both good dogs and came when we were called, but I'm tellin' ya. I wanted to find somethin' roll-worthy real bad. I mean, I've behaved all summer - so far. I think I need to cut loose pretty soon. I've got a reputation to uphold, after all.

So, I'll behave for now, but you just keep comin' back, because, you know what's bound to happen one of these days. And, when it does, you know Mom's gonna have that toy camera so she can show you. You can count on me to give it my best effort, and hopefully it won't be long.

 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

1 comment:

  1. have fun running around with your buddy, but don't forget it's kinda hot for Mom to be cleaning up messes...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna