August 1, 2019

Art Imitates Life...

Brynwood Needleworks - Bluebird House At The Farm

It was a beautiful day yesterday, and after a day of working in the studio, I has happy to get outside for a while. Handsome and I mow the lawn together. I ride our smaller yard tractor to mow the lower yard, and Handsome uses the large yard tractor to do the upper yard.

As I came back around the edge of our mowed yard, I noticed how the late day light illuminated our day lilies and a bluebird house I hung on one of our trees. The colors were exactly like the fabric colors I worked with in the studio yesterday!

Brynwood Needleworks - "Kes - Hands-Free Hipster " Kids Version
 
 
Our granddaughters each celebrate their Birthdays in August, so I wanted to get something made for the younger, whose big day comes first in the month.
 
I've made a girly-sized hipster for her, featuring her favorite animals, and a coordinating cork fabric. I'm calling this one the "Kes, The Hands-free Hipster", because I refuse to use the term "fanny pack". It seems so grandma to say "fanny pack". 
 
I used her favorite fabric, mixed with coordinating cork fabric on the sides and back. It's the perfect size for an active young lady. She can tuck her allowance money and her other treasures inside, and be on her way in no time.
 
I sized down it to fit her better than a full-sized one. I'm hoping she'll love it when she sees it, and I hope she'll model it for me, too!
 
See how the colors of this bag are nearly the exact colors I saw in the yard? I think they are almost a perfect match. Goes to show you that art can imitate life.
 
I've got more orders pending, so I'll be in the studio again today. I'm just chugging along, as I tick off each of my projects. If I get my work done, I can play, too! 

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. and it goes to show you that as artists we are able to find those colors when we see things ... not just the nature scene but the colors there. Oh that’s DMC 4587 or Weeks Dye Works or the fabric in my studio! Gorgeous color combo by the way as well. I am sure she will love her gift and get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna