August 12, 2019

A Little Work, A Little Play...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Applesauce
 
Handsome and I had a great weekend together. The old apple tree across the drive has been dropping a lot of apples since our windy weather last week. We decided to pick up the windfalls (1-1/2 five gallon pails-full) and make some applesauce (there's another jar in the fridge).
 
On Saturday, we put up nearly ten quarts of it, and we'll do more later in the week (having already collected another 1-1/2 buckets). It will be nice to be able to enjoy it once it gets cooler outside.

Brynwood Needleworks - Harry Potter Shop Hop Crossbody Bag
 
Before making applesauce, I created this Harry Potter-themed BW Shop Hop Crossbody bag for Granddaughter #1. It's black cork, lined with Harry Potter™ licensed fabric inside. Destiny embroidered the Deathly Hallows logo on the exterior in matching black thread for a subtle design element. 
 
I ordered special pulls for this bag, but they didn't arrive in time for me to gift it to her on Sunday, so I'll be making more like this for the shop, but with the new pulls. I'll show those to you soon. 
 
We presented it to our granddaughter last night, and she loved it! (yay) She said it would be just the size she needs when she goes back to school in September. Seeing her smile was quite heartwarming. Granddaughter #2 loved her Hands-free Hipster, too. She got hers in time for her birthday ten days ago. Two handmade gifts. Two appreciative and happy Birthday girls. One really happy grandma.
 
Tag will definitely be here to visit with you tomorrow. Believe me, I won't forget. He's been giving me grief all week over forgetting him. I'll have porch renovation progress photos on Wednesday...after Tag visits with you. I have no idea what he plans to say, but I'm going to guess it'll be good. We shall see...

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Homemade applesauce will be extra yummy when Fall and Winter arrive. Lovely Crossbody for your granddaughter. The Harry Potter theme and logo is extra special. Your porch project is amazing! I shall look forward to Tag’s post tomorrow...he was very missed last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna