August 16, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Project - Day Six...

Brynwood Needleworks - Porch Project - Day Six
 
By the end of Day Six, all the block had been laid, and the jobsite (our yard) cleaned up in anticipation of today's tasks. The porch posts will be put back in place today. Once that's done, the big support beams can be removed so the block can be more easily backfilled.
 
We met with the electrician and our mason late day to discuss conduit that will be laid, anticipating placement for yard and porch lighting, as well as an exterior outlet (for Christmas lights, or year-round access to power on this side of the house). Things are definitely moving right along!

I completed yesterday by making a nice batch of lemon balm jelly, but it was too late to get a decent photograph to share with you. I'll take that today, and tell you all about it tomorrow. I'll share porch updates, too, of course!

It's time for coffee. Number Two Son will be arriving soon to discuss building the rails for the porch. Guess it's off to the races again!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. The Porch is looking great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress is being made. So nice of Mother Nature to cooperate too. I do not know how you have so much energy dear...Lemon Balm Jelly too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna