August 20, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Watchin' and Waitin'...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart 08.19.19

 Hi, Everybody!

Well, here we are again. Another week older. Another week wiser. Another week bored because the front yard's a mess. Mom keeps tellin' us it's a good mess, though, so I said I wanted to see what the heck she was talkin' about. That led to a walkie to the front yard.

Holy Mashed Potatoes! No grass in the upper yard. It's a good thing we don't usually do our business up there. We'd be outta luck, for sure! 

I'm havin' a little trouble gettin' real enthused about this project. I mean, if all you heard was machines, rock and roll on the radio, and guys with worse hearin' than mine (of course, mine's selective), you might be a little on edge, too. Don't get me wrong. These mason guys are great, but I can't even talk 'em into givin' me a snack from their lunchboxes, 'cuz Mom keeps us in the house when they're eatin'. It's just wrong, I tell ya.

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart and Bella 08.19.19
 
Boo and I said we'd pose by the new porch project, but we agreed before we got out front that we wouldn't look in the same direction at the same time. (That really drives Mom nuts. heehee) Better luck next time, we say. Even so, she got a pretty good picture of me. Don't you agree? The porch is lookin' good, too!

We've got another week and a half or so of this work goin' on. Our younger son showed up yesterday to go over railing plans, and the electrician is comin' today to run some lines for lightin'. Guess we'll be hangin' around in the house again. Good thing that Black Dog and I don't have thumbs. I'd be teachin' her to play cards, just so I could beat her at it.

Instead, I guess I'll go find a nice comfy spot near the back door so I can throw random barks at people who walk by. That always lights 'em up. I'm not sure what Bella has planned, but as long as she doesn't steal my cookies, we're good.
 
I'm lookin' forward to this all bein' finished, so Boo and I can hang out on the new porch. The weather's been perfect for it, but every time Mom opens the porch door, all I see is a long drop into a big hole! She promises me that I'm gonna love the end result, and she better not be hosin' me!

PS. The coyotes have been howlin' a lot the last couple nights. Must be the full moon. I don't like it one, little bit. I bark if they get too close, and then they quiet down. Mom wishes they'd go away. She worries about the raccoons and 'possums. I guess I just want them to buzz off. All that howlin' makes me a little edgy. sigh
 
 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful update from Tag. Those coyotes would make me edgy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tag for this great update on the Porch happenings. You are going to love the new porch! It will be wonderful and like having a brand new room to hang out in. You and Boo are such good mups to listen to mom and stay safe. Definitely keep barking to have those Coyotes stay away. They could easily eat you or Boo and that would be a very BAD thing. Summer Sunshine Smiles...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna