August 2, 2019

How Can It Be?...

August Image

How can it already be August? It seems like Summer just began, and the gardens are already beginning to fade. The Baltimore Orioles have moved on; the hummingbirds are now emptying their feeders every few days; the raccoon babies (only three left with their mama) are getting bigger every time I see them; and my little garden is almost ready for harvest.

I love the cooler nights for sleeping, but our porch project is still waiting to start because the rain put our crew behind schedule. I'm hoping to be able to enjoy it before the snow flies.

Remember when you were a kid and it seemed like summer lasted forever? Lazy days spent at the city swimming pool, riding our bikes with our friends, playing Kick the Can after dark? The fireflies were in great abundance, and going to camp was something we looked forward to every year.

Don't get me wrong. I still have plenty of leisure time, but it seems that each day flies by, and before I even noticed, another August has begun...my sixty fourth. Fall is around the corner (in more ways than one). My favorite time of year. I'm not sure yet if it's my favorite time of life (in term of the whole life cycle thing.) I still have much to accomplish.

Ahhh. I'm a little nostalgic today, I guess. I think that I'll savor this day and be glad for it, as I am every day. I'm healthy, and so is Handsome. Our sons and their families are happy and thriving. We have so much for which to be grateful. I'm good with that, so rather than lament, I shall rejoice and say my thanks.

I have a lot planned for this month. Handsome has his last concerts of the season in August. I have a show to do, orders to sew, perhaps a trip out of state with The Black Dog (Bella, could you start already, please?), family Birthdays to celebrate, and more that I can share with you as the month progresses.

I'm so grateful you came to visit again today. Before you go, I have one more thing to tell you about.

 
I finally took the plunge, and installed the Instagram app on my phone, and in my desktop computer. You can find me @brynwoodneedleworks. I only have a few photographs uploaded so far, and I'm going to try very hard not to double post between my BrynwoodNeedleworks page on Facebook and my Instagram account (unless it's a new creation I have to crow about).
 
I'm still finding my way around, so any pointers you care to share would be greatly appreciated. Just leave your wisdom in the comments, or send an email to me. Oh, and feel free to follow me, too. That would really make me smile.

Time to go back to the studio for a half day. I'd like to spend the rest of my Friday with Handsome and the pups. You know how that old saying goes..."All work and no play..."

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. After a very long and difficult road trip to Arkansas it is so good to be home once again. August is my most favorite month...even though I age ever further into my Sunset of Life. I am viewing a beautiful Sunset from Mother Nature as I write this. Life is Good and I am Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sherry:
    I'm so glad to read that you've made it safely home. It really is most wonderful when we first walk through the doorway - feeling like everything is well again, now that we're back.

    Rest and enjoy the sunsets from your own yard. It's lovely to have you visiting again.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna