August 21, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Project - Day Nine...

Brynwood Needleworks - East (Front) Elevation Progress

I spent the day with Kathy D., and the ladies in our "Sewcial Sisters" group at Primitive Gatherings yesterday. It was fun to see everyone, and the projects they're working on. When I got home mid-afternoon, a lot of progress had been made.

Three quarters of the stonework is finished on the east elevation of the porch. Forms are in place all around the porch for when it's time to pour the concrete. I don't expect that soon, as the "hole" was larger than expected and they need to bring in more clear stone to fill and grade it before they'll be ready to pour the decking.

Brynwood Needleworks - South Elevation Progress (and a Black Dog's Butt)
 
The south side is looking good, too. Our electrician was here to rough in an outdoor outlet that will be attached to the front corner pillar. He also ran "Smurf" tubing (named for it's blue color, I'm guessing) that will carry the wiring for the entry pillar lights to highlight the doorway and entry.

Electrician is coming back today to to a few things we need done inside, and then he'll be back again when it's time for him to wire up the outdoor lighting.

Masons will get the rest of the stone into the foundation for the porch today, and likely put up more stonework. I'll know more when they get here soon.

Shelly brought down more lemon balm last night, so I'll be making more jelly today. I'm also making more bread to share. So, if you're looking for me, I'll be in the kitchen. Coffee waits...
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. The Porch is looking great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a great time putting it all back together
    It will look so diferent
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna