August 3, 2019

Nevermore...

Brynwood Needleworks - Kirby Crossbody - Nevermore

I completed a custom Kirby Crossbody bag yesterday. Although I usually create more than one Kirby at a time, I decided that this one needed to be "fussy cut" to optimize the fabric design, so it would have my undivided attention.

Brynwood Needleworks - Nevermore Detail

I knew that the recipient was especially fond of the crow, so that was my starting point. I also did the back in a single piece (rather than the usual three), to optimize the fabric design there, as well. (Sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the back.)

Brynwood Needleworks - Front Pocket Linings

I found the perfect fabric to use on the front pocket linings (and the lining on the interior pocket, too). I think the colors coordinated perfectly with the exterior fabric.

Brynwood Needleworks - Bag Interior Pockets
 
I was able to use more of the main fabric inside for the double pockets. The lining for the main compartment of this bag is a neutral canvas for a bit more durability. My client will be able to enjoy this bag for a long time.

All I have left to do is spray the exterior fabric with Scotchgard™ to protect it from any light soil. Of course, this bag, being made entirely of fabric, can be easily washed and pressed should it require it.

I'm very happy with the final bag, and I know that I'll be making more handbags and wallets using this fabric in the near future. Of course, I'll share them here first (or on Instagram!), and then list them in my shop. 

Today, I'm meeting friends for lunch in Oshkosh and then doing a little yard work with Handsome. I want to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having. Get out there and soak up a little sunshine today. I'll see you tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. This bag is awesome!
    Love that fabric.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were on instagram now! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and fabulous and you should be Crowing with your finished bag. Lovely weather indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun bag. I'm going to check out that fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna