August 30, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Project - Day 15...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Porch Progress - South Elevation
 
The pillars were nearly finished yesterday. There's still a bit of stonework to do on the back side of those on the far left. Our family plaque was installed into the stonework of one of them, and there is also another special piece that will be imbedded in stone on the back of another. I'll show them in closeup photos once the porch is entirely finished.

The stonework on this south elevation isn't done yet, as our workmen are waiting until the staircase is formed up and installed. The stonework will be wrapping from the wall around the stairs, so I'm guessing that's why that's on hold.

Brynwood Needleworks - Preliminary Excavation for New Sidewalk

Loads of gravel were hauled in and dumped yesterday, too. We're replacing a cracked concrete entryway for the "friends and family" entrance, and adding a walkway from the back door to the newly highlighted side porch entry.

The black dirt was removed from the yard, and replaced with gravel to build up the elevation. Once it's completely placed where it needs to be, part of it will be covered up with black dirt again. I really appreciated that they leveled off what is in front of the back door so I could safely get out of the house to air Tag, or get to my hair appointment yesterday afternoon. They'll do more work with that today, before they take off Monday for the holiday weekend.

Brynwood Needleworks - Canning Tomatoes
 
While the guys were working outside, I was busy with my tomato haul. I processed fourteen pounds of them into seven quarts of tomato halves in their own juice. Once packed, they were processed for an hour and a half, cooled and labeled. (I missed removing two rings before I took this photo, but all my jars "pinged"...a sweet sound to every canner.)

After I put these on the counter, I headed to my aforementioned hair appointment. When I got home, I cleaned up the kitchen, made my dinner, and then collapsed into a chair. My plan for today is to sit in my favorite chair and stitch the rest of today. I think I've earned it!

I'm talking with Handsome everyday. They'll arrive in San Antonio today, so tomorrow will be Bella's "big day". Her reaction to her boyfriend (and his reaction to her) will give us a sense of how long my husband will be away. I'm crossing my fingers that things get under way sooner, rather than later.

I'll be spending time with family this weekend. If you're going to be traveling, please do so safely. See you tomorrow!

DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna