August 24, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Day Twelve...

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag and Bella On New Decking
 
The concrete was dry by yesterday morning, but we stayed off it until late day. After the crew left for the weekend, I took Tag and Bella out to let them see what's been going on. They both gave it their stamp of approval.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - East Elevation

By the end of Day Twelve, the crew had set all the stone on the east and north elevations, and set block for four of the pillars. We're loving how it's looking.

Yes. There will be rails. They'll be custom built by Son #2 (the carpenter). I think that portion of the job will begin sometime next week. Once he builds them, then I'll paint them before they're installed.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - South Elevation
 
There was no progress on the south elevation, or a finish on this small wall on the west side of the porch. We discussed the location for our family plaque. That will be placed soon, too.
 
Handsome and I have errands to run this morning, and then I'm going to can a small batch of tomatoes, and a large batch of zucchini and pepper relish. I have to get to the store (again) first, because the store I went to on Thursday night was out of small lids. I need more of those to do this canning, and I'll be getting more for stock. 
 
Another busy day at Hickory Hill Farm, but we love having things to do. I think we'll be ready to put our feet up when we're finished. It's nice to fall into bed at night, and it sure doesn't take long to fall asleep!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna