August 5, 2019

My Outdoor Weekend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Late Summer Compass Barn

Happy Monday from the farmhouse! 

If you stopped to visit yesterday, you saw a photo of my lunch date with my girlfriends from Saturday. The weather was gorgeous, and the company was great. It did rain for a while after we were all safely back home, but sitting in the sunshine as we were eating our lunch on the restaurant patio - overlooking the lake - was perfect.

Yesterday, I decided I needed to do a little yardwork. Our porch demolition begins mid-week, and a few plants have to be moved away from the porch for their own safety. First though, I needed to weed out the planting bed in front of the Compass Barn. I moved a few ornaments over after I'd cleaned up the bed, but they won't necessarily stay where they are after I plant the bushes. We'll see.

Brynwood Needleworks - Queen Anne's Lace and Tiger Lilies

When I finished the weeding, I took a little stroll around the yard. This flower bed should be weeded, too, and the fence is itching for new paint, but today I just enjoyed the flowers. The bees and butterflies are enjoying them, too, and they all look like they belong, so I'm going to leave them as they are for now.

Even after weeding, the Queen Anne's Lace will remain. It's my favorite wildflower, and when we lived in Florida, the thoughts of Queen Anne's Lace intermingled with the beautiful blue blossoms of chickory filled my memories with thoughts of home. They'll definitely stay.

Brynwood Needleworks - The Old Apple Tree

The old apple tree was overflowing with blossoms this past spring, and thanks to the bees that pollinated them, the tree is now fully laden with fruit.

This tree hasn't been trimmed to maximize fruit in decades, so many of the apples knock against each other in the wind, and then fall to the ground. Even so, many more will ripen to become applesauce we'll enjoy through the winter.

I was fully tired when I finished outside, but a shower, and dinner with Handsome, refreshed my body and my soul. I'll move the bushes away from the porch before the crew arrives on Wednesday. As it was, I was well-pleased with my accomplishments for the day.

I'm in the studio today. I have more commissions, including one that needs to mail in the morning. Tag will be here tomorrow, but I'll be back on Wednesday. Oh, and one more thing. I'll surely be taking lots of photos of the demolition, and the process of rebuilding our new porch. I think you're really going to love the transformation! I hope you have a great week, because ours is going to be a little crazy!
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Donna Dear your endless energy and hard work truly are an inspiration. Hickory Hill Farm and Home look wonderful. Very exciting to be starting your new porch project. Stay safe and well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna