August 21, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - The Garden Helper...

Brynwood's Taggart

 Hi, Everybody!

I bet you're thinkin' I'm the gardener, right?

Wrong! If you're lookin' for me to help garden, those crops are gonna wither on the vine! I'd much rather be chasin' squirrels or loungin' on the porch. No manual labor for me. However, the same can't be said for a certain black dog...

Liljegren's Suncoast Bella

There she sits all innocent, but I know. She's tryin' to make me look bad. No one has told her that suckin' up isn't allowed around here! We "four paws" have to stick together after all. She's gonna give us a bad name!

The Gardener

Mom has a little garden over near the pole barn...and Boo has taken to collectin' her own crops. Right next to her in the first barrel are carrots, and in the next barrel is a tall, lanky, nearly done-for-the-season cherry tomato plant. 

Harvestin' Crops

The Black Dog has decided that she likes the cherry tomatoes, so she's started a personal "pick your own" program. Unfortunately for Mom, it's also an "eat your own" program. She also has her eyes on the carrots, but so far, Mom has discouraged her from pickin' those.
 
More Ripe Tomatoes Soon
 
The cherry tomatoes may be gettin' to the end of their production, but Mom's big tomatoes are still goin' strong and gettin' ripe on the vine. Boo thought she might pick that low-lyin' one, but Mom told her, in no uncertain terms, that she had to stay away from those! We'll see how that works!
 
We finally got rain last night, so maybe the grass won't be so crunchy by tomorrow. We've really needed the rain that everyone else has been gettin'. Nothin' like rollin' in fresh, wet grass. mmm mmm We can't wait! (It will help the tomatoes, too.) "Herself" will be pickin' again before you know it...unless Dad catches her. He'd just as soon she stick to her regular diet, without adding any more veggies!
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tag. I cannot see how gardening would even be good for you so you are very smart to just watch and make certain Mom is doing her job correctly...which I am very certain she is. Boo must have an interestin stomach with her eatin tomatoes. Father really does know best...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know she will go after those big red ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna