August 4, 2018

I Haven't Forgotten...

Stitching Silk Butterfly Wings
 
I haven't forgotten about this project. (This is my Red Spotted Purple Butterfly project from my studies with The Royal School of Needlework in Kentucky.)  I've been busy in other directions, but finally decided to sit and stitch yesterday afternoon.
 
Silk Threads
 
I'm using single strands of silk threads, so this is going to take a little while. I will say, that it's extremely restful and satisfying working on these wings. I'll update as I continue working on each wing. I just didn't want you to think I forgot about it.
 
 
My class reunion is tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends. I'm working at the registration table, so I'll get to see everyone as they come in. Hard to believe I graduated decades ago. I still feel as though it were just yesterday. Okay...almost just yesterday. It's going to be a great time!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Butterfly Wings. Every stitch will be such a walk down memory lane of your recent RSN classes. And...another walk down memory lane tonight with your reunion. I know you will enjoy it completely. Hugs...XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna