August 13, 2018

I Thought You'd Like To See...

Mr. and Mrs.

I thought you'd like to see a wedding photo I took of the newlyweds, Cathy and Tony. This is a truly special event. They were actually married for ten years in the 1980s and 90s, and divorced. Reunited, they didn't marry in the ensuing twenty three years...until last weekend.

There was so much love and happiness, not only with the happy couple, but also from family and friends who witnessed the happy event. Newlyweds (again), to spend the rest of their lives together. We just know that this time, their marriage is everlasting.

Then, there was this...

Failed Lemon Basil Jelly

I made the tastiest batch of Sweet Basil "Jelly", infused with lemon juice. I actually made the jelly between the wedding on Saturday, and the reception later that day. I followed the recipe to the letter...including that blasted liquid pectin. Man, I dislike liquid pectin. I should have known better.

As of late Sunday evening, the jelly still hadn't set...including one jar I placed in the refrig, per the suggestion of a fellow canner (on FB). Sooooo, (you know my personality by now, right?) I'm going to re-can this batch today. I'll be following the instructions on the powdered SureJel™ insert, for redoing a jelly that doesn't set.

A few people in the Facebook group said that I could use these jars as is for a marinade, or as a syrup, or some other ideas, but seriously...I made it to be jelly, not a re-purposed failure. I'm just bein' real here. Sometimes, things don't go by the book...even here at our little corner of paradise. Wish me luck this time, okay?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna