August 10, 2018

Grandma's Going To School This Fall...

MPTC Class Schedule Cover
 
I'm not going to school this fall for a degree (yet), but I am taking classes to learn how to make artisan breads and rustic soups (three classes total). 
 
I'm so tired of going to the grocery story for a limited selection of "okay" breads. I'd like to create our own breads here at the farm, instead of choosing from Italian, French, sourdough, country, etc., that have no real substance to them. After a while, they all taste the same. I'm taking the bread classes to learn how to make breads with personality (meaning taste, texture, and appeal). 

What goes better with a delicious bread than a hefty, comforting, soup? I'm looking forward to expanding my soup repertoire in time for the cooler weather, too! I think this is going to be fun, and I can't wait for my first class in September.
 
Farmhouse Bread & Butter Pickles
 
Handsome and I put up the last of the farmer's market pickles yesterday, too. These are bread and butter pickles for the pantry. I plan to make more, but I've got other things to do first.
 
Today, I'll be back in the studio (yippee!) to work on setting up more of my Twilight Garden blocks. I have more than a few to get caught up. I'm also going to prepare the weekly minis so I can get those stitched, too. I'm anxious to get a needle in my hand again. I'm happy today's the day.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your class because it sounds like fun. Have you checked out the book "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois? It starts with a basic recipe that stores in the refrigerator to be used as desired. They have lots of variations that you can use in the book. Just thought you might be ibterested!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna