August 8, 2018

Our State Fair...

Our Crew

Both our granddaughters celebrate their Birthdays a week apart on the calendar. This year, we decided to celebrate by taking them to the Wisconsin State Fair. It was a genius idea! The girls have never been there, and Grandpa and I haven't been in at least thirty years. We had a fabulous, fun time!

Grandpa And His Girls

Of course, there had to be at least one photograph of Grandpa with our granddaughters. They grow so quickly, that we always want to capture a moment in time when we're with them. Granddaughter #2 is using the sweet Corgi shoulder bag we gave her at Christmastime, and she loves it!

The girls went on the big Ferris wheel (the top of which is 150 feet high); and Grandma (I) even joined them on the Giant Slide (it was awesome...and I needed help getting up at the bottom because I was laughing like a loon, having "whooped" my way all the way to the bottom).

We ate fair food, and we went into the livestock exhibits, too. I'd love to have a couple of sheep, and a pet cow for the farm some day. In the meantime, heading to the cow barns and sheep exhibits gave me a little "fix" to hold me over. Oh! Oh! We watched the racing pigs, too. That was a downright hoot!

Grandma and Granddaughter #1 Eating Cream Puffs

No one else wanted one, so Granddaughter #1 and I agreed that we weren't leaving State Fair Park without a legendary State Fair cream puff! I've never had one before, but will definitely have one again. They're delicious.

In fact, we all decided that from now on, going to the State Fair will be a new family tradition. Our granddaughter's mama and daddy can join us, but at least the four of us will return again for upcoming fairs.

Sweet Sisters
 
The girls were walking in front of us as we left the park, and this was our view. We listened to them talk with each other all day, and laughed at some of the sweet, funny things they said. I know Handsome and I commit as much of their "gems" to memory as we possibly can. We always share a giggle together when we recount those moments.
 
We're so proud and grateful to their parents for teaching them the value of loving and respecting each other. It's obvious in everything they do and say to each other. They hold hands as they explore new places and shared experiences. This will serve them well their whole lives, and it warms our hearts to be a part of it. 

As the sun set on a perfect day, Handsome and I reflected on all of these things. We said our prayers for the health and safety of our loved ones, and thanked God for the gifts that our sons and their families are in our lives. It was a great way to celebrate the girls' Birthdays, and it truly was a great State Fair!

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful precious time spent with your Grands. The are so sweet and adorable. Sounds like you and you all had super fun at the fair. A new tradition has begun. Happy August Birthdays to your beautiful Granddaughters. My daughter had her birthday yesterday. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna