August 23, 2018

That's A Wrap...

FdL Symphonic Band Concert 08/22/18
 
Handsome and I had a busy day yesterday, finishing with a lovely evening for the last summer concert in the park. It was a great concert, filled with fun music and performances, and I was fortunate to share it with two friends, both named Deb. 
 
Mom's daughter, Deb and I always meet at the top of the hill for the best (in our minds) seats in the house. The past two concerts, I've reconnected with a school chum since second grade, Deb H., whose dad used to be the local sheriff. We first met up again through Facebook, and she joined Deb and me at the top of the hill a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time listening to music and getting updated on what we've been doing all these years. Last night, she brought along her beautiful granddaughter, McKenna to watch the performance. 

Handsome will be playing with the band in the fall, too, this year. We're both looking forward to that! They start again in September with rehearsals, but for now, he can take a little vacation. We already heard what's on the musical menu for fall, and really, I can't wait to hear their performances.

For now, the last summer concert was just right for a night in the park, with the same perfect weather we've had all season. Not one single concert had to be played indoors due to bad weather. Sitting on the hillside with friends, listening to your sweetheart play music really is the best. So now it comes to an end and, at least for this summer...it's a wrap.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. A JOYful evening in the park with beautful music and friends...too bad its a wrap for this year. Fall is in the air and new music will be played by Handsome and heard by all. Life is Good...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna