August 15, 2018

A Ride In The Country...

Sheboygan County Octagon Barn
 
I took a drive down one of the back roads near home recently, and saw this fabulous farmstead and octagon barn. The barn is huge! It dwarfs the farmhouse, which isn't small. It's incredible.
 
There are so many wonderful things about being back in Wisconsin, especially where we've chosen to live. This area is steeped in history, and there are tidy farms scattered on nearly every road. Every turn reveals another treasure.

Sometimes the best travels involve taking an unfamiliar road. You never know what's around the corner, but it's likely that you'll find something beautiful if you take the time to look. When was the last time you took a drive in the country? Perhaps it's time?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture Donna,indeed we should all look more.One of my favourite songs from my girl guide days ......take time to wonder at this world through which you wander,never hurry past an open door.Im singing now lol just as well you can’t hear me.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna