August 3, 2018

August Farmhouse Kitchen Garden...

Brynwood Needleworks Kitchen Garden Vignette
 
The hummingbirds flit from blossom to bloom, stopping to drink from their nectar whether it's sunny or raining. They love the nectar I make for them every few days, and they argue over who's allowed at which (of three) feeder. Now they're visiting the hollyhocks and morning glories, too!
 
The plants in my garden are lush and productive. I've been harvesting basil, lavender and chives, as I enjoy the beautiful morning glories (climbing up the ground lines that connect to the lightning rods on our roof), hollyhocks (which now peek in our kitchen windows), Shasta daisies, delphiniums, geraniums, dianthus, creeping phlox, hostas, mint, thyme and rosemary (which I will begin harvesting to dry).
 
The other birds take time from their daily foraging in the fields to visit the feeders I still make sure are filled for them every day...and I know we have other visitors each night. Nature loves the farm, too.
 
I love my life. I love our life.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. your garden is amazing - it's filling in so wonderfully. I adore the morning glories...my favorite. Years ago I used to drive by a house that had them climbing up the guide wire to the telephone pole - perfect welcome early in the morning. At the beginning of fall their turned a wonderful purple. You use your garden so well. I'm so inspired by all the work you do with the produce - I hope to be able to do something similar when I retire (in 16 months!) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna you and your amazing garden are pure inspiration! How beautiful it all is and I can almost see the birds flitting from your description. Life is Good and We are Blessed...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your garden is just beautiful! I love the morning glories! Such a beautiful blue. I have hummers to and they are just great to watch. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna