June 2, 2015

Preparing For A Pineapple Class...

I've been asked by Joan, who chairs our guild education committee, to teach a class to offer to our guild members in August. Last meeting night, I took the pineapple blocks I've been working on (HERE) and made a proposal to teach a class using the Creative Grids™ Pineapple Trim Tool.
Not only was she enthused about it, six guild members signed up on the spot! I'll find out tonight at our Board Meeting what my class size will be, but I'm thinking it will be fifteen or so.
I've decided to make this same Bali™ batik fabric and colorway for the class project that I used in my niece's Birthday gift (HERE). The only thing I'm still trying to decide is which border fabric to use. I've got the dark fabric on the left and the lighter blue on the right. 
 
I'm making the entire table runner again so that I can fine tune my class plan and calculate fabric requirements for the project. I'll be handing over the supply list to Joan tonight and then completing the quilting for the runner. Once I finish that, I'll write my teaching outline and pattern for the class.

I'll also probably make one more runner in the bright colors like the queen size quilt I've been working on so my students can get an idea of it in another colorway. If I do, I'll have it finished in time for our guild meeting so my students will see the class models. It can give them an idea of what they might like to choose to make their own. 
 
I'm honored that I was asked to teach a class...but I'm really excited to share this class and technique with my guild girlfriends.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. oh, what fun! Someday, I will make a pineapple block quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this is beautiful and I know how much you love teaching. Your work is always such a delight. Lucky ladies who take your classes. June Pineapple JOY...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna