June 16, 2015

We're On Our Way...

Our guild meeting was last night. My friend, Marti, is a member of the guild - and she answered my call to participate in the Dress A Girl Around The World™ group.

She walked over as soon as I arrived for the meeting and presented the first four dresses to me! What an inspiration she is. I know that I'll be making dresses today, now that we're officially rolling.

I was given podium time at the meeting to invite guild members to join the Brynwood Dress A Girl  group. I was able to show Marti's sweet dresses to the ladies so they could see what we're creating. Four more ladies signed up right after the meeting!
 
Quinn's mom, Carol, has arranged a group sewing session with some of her co-workers with a goal to create ten dresses.  It's heartwarming to know that small factions of our group are working together toward their goals - that will combine with ours to reach our BIG goal. 

If you've got some of your friends getting together to make dresses, please let me know so you can be recognized. Take pictures to share with me so that we can post them here and give you well-deserved recognition.
If you missed my previous post about the Dress A Girl Around The World™ organization and our new work group, you can read about it HERE. You're invited to join. Ask a friend, too. The more, the merrier.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Marti is a wonderful inspiration with her four dresses instantly sewn and ready for the "Dress a Girl Around the World" project. I am inspired to get sewing. Yesterday I pre-shrunk some fabric that I think is very cute for little dresses. Donna Dear this will be such a great venue...Thank you for Hostessing this wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Marti! We are excited for our "sew-in" next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna