June 26, 2015

Blue Skies and A Good Book...

Florida has some of the most amazing skies...especially before, during and after storms. This view is facing south from a road near our home, and those clouds are out over the Gulf. I took the photo in the early afternoon yesterday, after one storm had already passed. By late afternoon, these clouds reached our neighborhood, soaking us again.
When the heavens open up, the best thing to do is to find an inside diversion. Turning on computerized sewing machines in thunder storms isn't always the wisest thing to do, and I'm trying not to do handwork when I'm sitting at home.

This book, "Elm Creek Quilts Companion" by Jennifer Chiaverini was a lovely gift that arrived in the mail yesterday from my friend, Marydon of Blushing Rose. She knows my love for books, fabric, quilting and history. This book tucks all that (and more) between two covers! It's a perfect alternative to creating. I mean, if you aren't creating something, isn't it the next best thing to read about creating something?

Thank you, Marydon. Your gift arrived at the most perfect time. I'm looking forward to immersing myself in a good read, and can't thank you enough for the generous surprise you sent my way. You're one of the very first friends I made in Blogland, and I'm so blessed that we found each other in all this wide world. Blessings always, my dear friend.
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna