June 14, 2015

Dress A Girl Around The World...

All Images From the Official Website
  Over the weekend, I came across a cause that immediately called to me.
After reading through their website, I've decided to ask my readers to join me. 
"Dress A Girl Around The World" is a part of Hope 4 Women International.
Their mission is "empowering women around the world".
Little girls from Haiti wearing donated dresses.
I posted a link on my Brynwood Needleworks FaceBook page, asking if anyone wanted to participate with me, and before I knew it, our core group was formed. We're all going to make pretty pillowcase dresses for little girls in the upcoming month. These dresses are shipped to places like Nicaragua, Haiti, Ecuador, Mexico...and to Native Americans (Sioux and Lacota tribes to name two groups) here in the United States. Here is a link  to all the countries that have received dresses from this program.

One of my local friends suggested that I offer our guild members an opportunity to participate, too, so I'll be telling them about the program on Tuesday evening.
Dress A Girl Around The World
I will be the facilitator for the group, and I have already ordered 100 labels (required to be sewn to the front of each completed dress). Our goal will be to make ONE HUNDRED dresses to convey to one of the local ambassadors. I'll be contacting her this week to tell her of our effort. All dresses would be shipped to me, and everyone who participates will be named in a letter when the dresses are given to the ambassador.

Additionally, I'm going to do something special for each participant (I'm still researching that) to recognize their participation. There will be a deadline - in late July - so you'll have approximately six weeks to create one or more simple dresses.
Please go to the website by clicking THIS LINK, and consider joining us for this charitable project. There are specific guidelines to follow when making these dresses, and only those that meet their requirements can be mailed. I (and a couple other volunteers) will stitch the labels to the dresses once they arrive in North Port.

If you're interested in participating, please leave a comment on this post or send me an email through the link in my sidebar. Be sure that I have your email address so that I can add you to the group emails that I'll be sending out with more information about our project. Volunteers will receive emails with links and deadlines from me this week.
All images in this post are from the official Dress A Girl website.
As they say on their website,
"Imagine a world where every girl owned at least one dress."
My vision for our group is to give a new dress to at least one hundred little girls.
Won't you please visit the site, download a pattern and agree to join us?
Thank you.
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Thank you for sponsoring this project. I am sure you will exceed the goal of 100. I made one yesterday after seeing it on facebook and have 4 more cut out to work on this week.
    God bless. Marti Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested.. when is the deadline and the dress directions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful project! I need to check my old sewing machine to see about the tension. If I can get it to sew decently then I'll gladly join. Will let you know soon. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coordinating this Donna. I'm interested in participating, will email you. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an Angel Donna Dear. I have emailed you. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promoted your post on Queen Bee Cottage. A friend of my sisters wanted to also see what I made and QBC was the only place she could see. Hope you're having a great day Donna!

    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna